Scoliosis Treatment Alternatives is an authority site dedicated education on non-surgical treatment of scoliosis. As part of our mission we provide scoliosis treatment reviews on all types of scoliosis treatments (conventional and alternative) so that people can compare them and decide which is right for them. We have taken a hard look at a wide variety of scoliosis treatments and reviewed them in this section so that you can compare them side-by-side to find the one that is right for you.
1. SpineCor – The dynamic scoliosis brace that moves with the body and can help stabilize the spine, eliminate pain and reduce curvatures without surgery.
2. Schroth Method – This time tested scoliosis specific exercise program has been used for over 80 years in Germany and is well researched in the scoliosis literature.
3. Chiropractic – Research on chiropractic for scoliosis has shown that it can be an effective form of treatment but only if it used as part of a comprehensive program of scoliosis treatment.
4. Physical Therapy for scoliosis – Physical Therapy for scoliosis has not shown to be an effective method of treating scoliosis, unless it specifically addresses the unilateral rotation dysfunction that is present in scoliosis.
5. Pain Management for scoliosis – Pain management for scoliosis is used quite frequently in conventional medicine but it does nothing to address the underlying causes of the scoliosis.
6. Watch and Wait for the scoliosis to get worse until surgery is needed – This is the most commonly recommended scoliosis treatment in conventional medicine. Find out why this advice can be potentially hazardous to your child’s health.
7. Scoliosis Surgery – Scoliosis surgery should definitely be the last choice in scoliosis treatment, but while in the past it hasn’t been recommended for adults. It appears that now the NIH is sponsoring a study to try and recommend it for adults. Find out why this is a problem.