Here are the top 5 reasons that Schroth Exercises Are Better For Your Scoliosis.
1. Schroth exercises were designed specifically to treat scoliosis, most other movement based exercises are not. They were initially conceived over 80 years ago and have been researched and improved over the years.
2. Schroth Exercises prescribed specifically for your curve pattern. Most exercises are not. prescribed with your particular curve pattern in mind. This is a critical distinction when looking to reduce or stabilize scoliosis.
3. Schroth Exercises are 3 dimensional corrections that have already taken into account how an exercise that is good in one area could actually worsen the curve in another area and have made adaptations.
4. Schroth Exercises teach a 3 dimensional breathing technique that can help de-rotate the spine by using the lungs to help reshape the rib cage.
5. Schroth Exercises are designed to change the way you habitually move. Research has shown trunk control can be improved using vestibular and oculomotor movement. While the exercises we teach are the original Schroth movements, we teach them in the context of modern concepts in neuro-muscular retraining to help the learned corrective movement patterns become more permanently ingrained in your body.